Want your blog featured on Anime on Stage? We are currently accepting the following blog entries:
- Passionate proclamations of love for a particular stage, cast, or actor (Example: “Top 5 Reasons Why Shison Jun Is The Best Young Actor in Japan”) MUST feature at least one link to actor’s official bio, ameblo, or twitter.
- Rundown of why X anime should become a stage play (Example: “Why Twelve Kingdoms Should Be the Next Stage Play”) MUST feature a fancast for at least 3 characters complete with links to actor biographies
- Stage or Actor Comparisons (Example: “Tomotsune Yuuki Vs. Oyama Masashi: Who’s the Better Tadokoro Jin?”) MUST feature at least one sourced image of each actor.
- Reviews of actor side projects (Example: “Matsushita Yuuya’s New Album: Worth the Hype?”) Note: the actor in question must have appeared in at least one anime stage play. We will accept concert DVD reviews (or live concert reviews), album reviews, movie reviews, tv premiere reviews, or stage play (non-anime) reviews. If the actor in question plays a small role (like Ogoe Yuuki in Kamen Rider Den-O), please ensure that the review focuses primarily on this role.
- Personal stories related to anime on stage (Example: “The time I spent $3000 on an emergency plane ticket because I just had to see Tenimyu one last time”). Written in the first person, and at least mostly truthful. Humorous stories preferred, though we will also accept “How ____ stage positively affected / saved my life.”
We are NOT currently accepting:
- Anything to do with speculation about an actor’s personal life. This is a blanket ban on anything about actor gossip, from romance to scandal to shipping.
- Anything with a variation of the title “Why ____ needs more love.” Personal preference.
- News notifications. We have a news team, but thank you for your interest!
- Jrock/Jpop reviews unrelated to stage actors.
- K-dramas or K-pop.
- Fanart or fanfiction of any kind.
- Applications to become editors.
If interested in submitting an article, please email Corinna@animeonstage.com with the subject: “I want to write!” PLEASE DO NOT WRITE A BLOG BEFORE HAVING YOUR TOPICS APPROVED. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE WE WILL PAY YOU FOR THIS BLOG. Requirements include:
- A reasonable working knowledge of the English language (we do not currently accept articles in other languages because we don’t have any editors to properly proofread them).
- A PayPal account (so we can pay you). If you do not have a PayPal, we’re willing to pay in an equivalent amount of store credit after a writer has completed several articles.
- Passion for stage plays and actors!!
You do NOT need:
- Any professional writing experience (it doesn’t hurt, but NO ONE will be turned down for being an amateur).
- An absolutely perfect grasp of the English language–we have an editor for that.
Please send me:
- Something I can call you
- Your Paypal address (if you want to get paid)
- 2-3 topic suggestions
- A link to a tumblr/livejournal/facebook post you’ve written that you’re at least a little bit proud of
- Your favorite stage play (just for fun)
While we do offer a small payment for each article, we’d prefer these blogs to be written by fans rather than by writers. I have worked with professional writers for years, and I know that no one knows more about the subject than the real fans. Let me hear your voice!
(Once again: PLEASE DO NOT WRITE A BLOG BEFORE HAVING YOUR TOPICS APPROVED. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE WE WILL PAY YOU FOR THIS BLOG. YOU MUST BE APPROVED TO WRITE FOR US.)